Key note speakers
Professor Kevin Warwick (University of Reading), Professor Alistair Forbes (National Physical Laboratory) and Professor Marian Petre (Open University) have been confirmed as key note lecturers at the conference.
Social Programme - Brewery Tour
There is a tour to the Wychwood brewery in Witney on Sunday 23rd.
Buses leave Ridgeway House at 1pm to pick up people staying in Cosner's House.
Transport will return you to the reception on site.
The key themes of the conference are:
- Best practice in software engineering
- Web/mobile technology
- High speed/real time data analysis/visualisation/3D graphics
- Data avalanche/managing data
We welcome contributed talks and posters from all areas covered by the NOBUGS series. If we received more abstracts for oral presentations than we can accomodate, preference will be given to talks covering the key themes.
The general range of topics includes but is not limited to:
- Data Acquisition
- Automatic Beamline Alignment
- Data Management
- Data Formats
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Instrument Simulation
- Automatisation of Experiments
- Biocomputing at Facilities
- Graphical User Interfaces
- WWW Application Development
- Remote Control of Data Acquisition and Data Analysis Tasks
- Distributed Computing
- Programming Techniques
- User Facility Management
- Facility Security
- Scientific Databases
- Collaborative Initiatives
Information for Presenters
Poster spaces are provided in A0 portrait.
Contributed talks are 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion.